Search Jokes Topicwise

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Humorous Use Of Amphiboly-3

Amphiboly in Jokes

A doctor said to his patient, “I can’t find the cause of your illness,” then paused thoughtfully and added, “but frankly I think it’s due to drinking.”
“That’s OK,” replied the patient, “I’ll come back when you’re sober.”


The phone rang at the governor’s mansion at 2:00 a.m. and an aide picked up the phone. A local lawyer was calling and insisted on speaking with the governor. The aide told him to call back in the morning because the governor was asleep and he didn’t want to wake him. But the lawyer insisted,claiming it was a matter of the utmost importance. Reluctantly, the aide agreed to wake up the governor. “What is it?” grumbled the governor as he picked up the phone. “Judge Cassidy just died,” the lawyer announced, “and I want to take his place.” “It’s OK with me,” the governor replied, “if it’s OK with the undertaker.”

“Doctor, something’s wrong! I’m shrinking!” “Take it easy, sir. You’ll just have to be a little patient.”

A newly married man asked his wife, “Would you have married me if my father hadn’t left me a fortune?” “Honey,” his wife replied sweetly, “I’d have married you no matter who left you a fortune.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

short funny jokes and gags,one liners , humorous pictures, best one liners, one liners jokes, clean jokes, santa banta, amphiboly, funny quotes